Monday, August 9, 2010

Born of Ice (A League Novel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

 Born of Ice by Sherrilyn Kenyon takes us to the Ichidian Universe where we meet Alix Garran. Born a slave and used by her fathers men as entertainment she is suddenly thrust into center stage when her father dies and she along with her little sister and mother become slaves of the state. To save her family she is forced into service with her goal to infiltrate the life of Devyn Kell, either find or fabricate proof of miss deeds or her family will be sold and even worse her younger sister raped.
 Alix has skills as an engineer and is snapped up quickly for use on Devyn's ship. What she finds is that the people she is now working for are not what she is used to. She has value and is respected. She finds herself extremely attracted to the mysterious Devyn, but is conflicted because it is imperative that she save her family. As she ingratiates herself into his life, she meets his friends and confederates and finds in them all a sense of honor. Really not knowing what else to do, knowing that she will be killed if they find out she is a spy, she continues on her task.
 Devyn comes from a highly respected and feared family. Little does Alix know that while Devyn too is attracted to her he has learned in the hardest way possible that trust is a hard fought condition. When Devyn's father finds out that Alix is a spy all bets are off. Follow along on a journey where all is not what it seems and friendship and love are everything. 
Sherrilyn's characters sizzle on the page, they are in turns handsome and strong but also deadly and dangerous.  The women are as strong and determined as the men and hold their own in a world full of assassins. As with all her League series, the characters are mouthwateringly attractive and extremely dangerous as well. Just the thing to escape into fantasy. Because of the complexities of the interactions of both friend and family this is a great book to read over and over. Each time it is like finding a new friend.

Rated 5/5
Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a new follower (found you through the bookblogs.ning).

http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

Petula said...

Wow, that sounds really interesting. I thought I wouldn't think so when I saw "universe" or something like that, but I really enjoyed reading the book and it sounds like a great read. Fab review.

Unknown said...

I have only read the first in the series so far although I love Sherrilyn Kenyon. Don't know why I never continued - your review makes it sound like maybe I should give it another try.

Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com said...

Hi from the PJV -- Newest follower. I know I have read something of Kenyon's but not this. Aren't all the guys in all PNR and UF fabulously handsome? This sounds as if it has a complex plot. Onto the TBR it goes.
Hope you will stop up to my place. News, reviews and commentary on pnr, uf and anything Supernatural in books, film/TV or life/ Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

Rummanah Aasi said...

Thanks for following my blog and stopping by! I've got this book in my tbr pile.

Now I'm a new follower.

Hope you're having a nice weekend.

Candace said...

I have some of her books on my TBR list. I've heard she's a great author.

Thanks for hopping by my blog and when I clicked over here I just scanned down until I found a book I was interested in!
Candace @ Candace's Book Blog

Yiota said...

That sounds really really interesting!
I would definetelly try it!
Thank you for posting!


Yiota @ http://splashofourworlds.blogspot.com/